Munsell Soil Colour Chart
£198.50 ex VAT
* Featuring ISCC-NBS color names
* Munsell alpha-numeric notation
* Color produced on water resistant substrate Features Munsell notations for each color providing:
* Value (degree of lightness)
* Hue (color)
* Chroma (degree of saturation)
Binder Size: 15cm x 19.6cm x 2.5cm
Page Size: 11cm x 18.5cm
2 in stock
The Munsell Soil Color Charts are an affordable way to evaluate the type of soil that is present within a given area of sampling. The charts are supplied in a small book of sorts which is set up to allow users to make soil color evaluations in the field quickly and easily. Each page with colour guides on also contains numerous holes in the pages so that you can over lay the page on the soil you are observing to make a correct analysis.
The soil classification system that has been developed around the Munsell Color System which is an established and accepted process to assign a soil type. This classification system has been used in the United States for more than 55 years to aid in the management and stewardship of natural resources.
Through the use of the Munsell Soil Color Charts, practitioners from a wide range of professions can share reliable and consistent information about the color of soils at a particular site with colleagues anywhere around the world.
This new revision of the soil book contains all of the colors that have been available in the past plus these additional pages:
* Munsell high value, low chroma ‘White’ Page, used for describing carbonate, silica, gypsum, and soluble salt precipitates and evaporites common to arid and semi-arid environments and very light-colored parent materials, such as diatomaceous earth and volcanic ash. The White Page shows half steps from 8.5 to 9.5 in value with chromas of 1 and 2 for N, 7.5 YR, 10YR, and 2.5Y
* 10Y and 5GY Soil chart for glauconitic soils
* 5R soil chart for Australia and Southeast Asia
* 7.5R soil chart for tropical and semi–tropical soils