A display specimen of epidote with feldspar and quartz from Agder, Norway. Epidote was named in 1801 by René Just Haüy, a prominent French mineralogist and founder of the Musée de Minéralogie in Paris, France. The name is derived from the Greek word Epidosis, which mean “increase” in reference to the crystal characteristic of one longer side at the base of the prism. This particular piece shows two clusters of multiple small partially formed epidote crystals with a mossy green colouration, many of which show clear striations upon the crystal faces. Small amounts of feldspar and quartz are also present on the specimen. The sample weighs roughly 270 g and measures 8 x 4.5 x 5 cm at its widest points, the crystals vary in size from 2-3 millimetres to 1.5 cm. This display specimen will be supplied with an information label.